Friday, September 6, 2013

Blog Post #2: Space Options


  •  Keeneland:  I am a horse lover and there is no better place to experience the horse world than with the excitement of the Keeneland Racetrack.  I have always viewed Keeneland as a recreational area for people to go spend time together while having fun and hopefully winning a little extra money. But I want to turn it around a little and view the race track as a business. Not only for the owners of the track, but for horse owners, trainers and jockeys.  Others may care about this locations because they simply go to Keeneland for a day of cute dresses and time with friends and don't think about just how much of a business center this area is.
  •  Arboretum:  I have grown up on a farm and learned to love the outdoors. Last year as a Freshman, it was hard for me to transition from living in a rural area to a city.  I had always heard about the Arboretum, but never knew where it was and what exactly you could do there. On the evening of my first year in Lexington, a few friends and I went to the Arboretum in search of a quaint place to go since we were all done with finals.  We all loved the area and wished we had made our way over there earlier in the year.  This would be important to inform the Freshmen about because it is something I wish I would have been told about and introduced to sooner when I was in their shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Sara Kate,
    These are both great options. I like that you're putting a spin on Keeneland and want to view it from a business perspective. My concern about that would be accessibility. Will you be able to really get the information that you need for that? Will you be able to talk to the people that you need to talk to? It's worth checking out before moving forward.

    The Arboretum is another great place. I think you're right that it would be great for the Freshmen to learn about. My question about this space is: are you a true outsider still? It sounds like you might be, but I just want to make sure.

    ReplyDelete